Kim Express Espresso Machine Instructions
Original Instructions, rare and hard to find
Forward: a friend gave these to me, and since I haven’t seen them anywhere else online, I thought I would publish them. I love the Kim Express, but most information about the machine is scarce. I didn’t edit the language, and this was translated to English from Italian. The images are also of my Kim Express machines.
FOR A GOOD ESPRESSO:
Good blend Kim + Express = great coffee!
The bar in your home
1,2,3,4,5,6,7 … Up To 15 Consecutive Coffee
Completely unscrew the upper hand wheel, move it back, then to remove the lid, pour the water in relation to the amount of coffee you desedera deliver.
— The notch on the inside of the tank indicates the maximum distortion level of the water.
— Replace the cover and connect the machine to the power outlet, put the switch in position, the warning light will indicate that contact is made.
- Until the machine comes to pressure , prepare coffee, bearing in mind that needs to be fresh and ground as normally use the Bar.
- When you hear a hissing sound and you will see the steam come out from safety valve, it says that the machine is ready for use; then remove the filter holder and put two in the same content of coffee ( two doses ) of ‘ special desatore , then pressing the coffee with the tamper and bring the filter holder back to its position.
— Lower the lever, holding it steady for about 10 -12 seconds happen for a good infusion.
- Release the lever, which will return to the starting position, lower it back to the end without restrain her.
- In this way you will reveive two cups of excellent coffee cream.
- To obtain a single cups of coffee, as well as to use the filter with a dose coffee, simply push the lever down once.
- For subsequent charges use the procedure described above being held to present remove the filter holder when it is finished draining.
- In the interval between the various positions, not to prolong the escape of steam, it is advised to unplug the power and plug it in use, when in-use since water is already evaporating temperature in a few seconds you will restore the necessary pressure.
- If the instructions that you have submitted will be carried out carefully, you will obtain excellent coffee creams .
Just in case the drink is not perfect, please also note the follows:
- If the coffee is ground too coarsely or if you put a small amount coffee, the retract lever too quickly.
- If the coffee is ground too fine or too pressed or there was made one dose excessive leverage will ascend very slowly.
- If the machine is not used for a certain period of time, it is advisable to change the water before returning it to efficiency, but leave the water during the period of inefficiency.
THE MACHINE MUST NEVER BE LUBRICATED .
- 2 FILTERS
- 1 PORTAFONDI
- 1 DISPENSER FOR COFFEE
- 1 COFFEE PRESS
Made of aluminum and stamped brass Anti- Korodal — The tank has the capacity of one liter and a half and can produce 14 to 15 consecutive coffee. The water is heated by means of an armored resistance of 1000 W.
- The absolute tranquility of operation is ensured by a special safety valve.
It is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY
DO NOT OPERATE THE LEVER WHEN MACHINE IS COLD
Commentary on the Instructions
I do lubricate the piston every time I take it out for maintenance or to change the O-rings.
It will do 4 espresso shots maximum not 15. That’s a pipe dream or that’s counting two shots for everyone one shot I’m counting (two spouts). Even then, 4 shots means 8 which is far less than 15.
I love the Kim Express. I think it is the best lever machine and far ahead of its time. I’ve included the few machines I have, and I’m really happy to have stumbled upon my first Kim Express at an estate sale without knowing the future joy it would bring.
If you like, follow me on Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram where I post videos of espresso shots on different machines and espresso related stuff. You can also find me on LinkedIn. You can also follow me on Medium and Subscribe.